• NH
Votes |
Eviction Preperation for NH Landlord

Brett C.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • NH
Posted Nov 21 2014, 04:51

Hi BP Fam,

Quick background, my tenant requested to be 2 days late on rent and I had already made the due date for rent the 3rd of the month to accomodate this tenant. My tenant asked if they could be a couple days late in Dec via txt and I said no, I've already moved the date back 3 days. What does two days matter? Not much, and the tenant has been pretty good, they are just starting on a new lease after having been there 1 year. This tenant has always tested me though and I've always been extrememly accomodating so I felt like I would be going down a slippery slope and I wanted to show resolve, and with two weeks before rent is due I felt like they have plenty of time to be working on solutions OTHER than asking for me to make further accomodations.

Well the tenant was not happy. At first they said they would have it on time but expressed some anger towards me. But then I received some follow up texts that I believe were essentially threats not to pay, ever! I called the tenant to talk, we've always had a good relationship, no answer. I called one more time, no answer. I left a text saying I attemtped to reach them and that I'm sure talking would be better than texting. No response.

I feel like I need to get myself ready for the worst. Does anyone have detailed advice or resources for the eviction process in NH? I'll contact my lawyer to get their advice as well and details on the paper work but I was hoping maybe I could get into contact with some NH landlords who have been through this before so I can learn more about what I should do and how the process works.

Loading replies...