• Investor
  • Amarillo, TX
Votes |
Which Tenant would you take?

Blake C.
  • Investor
  • Amarillo, TX
Posted Dec 15 2014, 19:24

Tenant A: Individual with high paying job over 4x rent. Recent college grad that is on a 14 month contract at a local defense contractor. This place only hires solid people and does strong background checks. He is from 4 our away. He also wants to get a lab puppy and train it. Sounds responsible and wants it to be an outdoor dog. If I don't let him get the dog, he will be out or not stay long. Limited credit history but nothing bad... not really enough time for that to happen. Tenant hasn't seen the house in person yet, but is coming Thursday. Thinks he will like it from the pictures.

Tenant B: 1 working adult family with medium income job. Over 3x rent. Have two "outdoor" chihuahua and pug mix. Have a longer credit history but defaulted on some student loans when they were young. Have a recent track record of making better decisions. Tenant feels strongly about the house because its across the street from the park and will be a good place for the family.... may be they will love it and stay for a while. 

Typically I really try not to take dogs. I like both tenants but I am struggling getting over the dog issue. I haven't advertised it that much yet, and I got two decent options. The house has freshly refinished hardwood floors and tile in the kitchen. I just want to protect the integrity of the house. If I accept the pets they will pay $75 Pet Fee and $25 additional rent. 

Loading replies...