• Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
How long do you take your shower?

Sam Leon
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted Feb 10 2015, 15:19

One of my 1 bed 1 bath that I just changed from an old 20 gallon water heater the previous owner installed to a new 30 gallon low boy.  Its in the closet so there isn't much room for more.

Prior to the water heater change there were no complaint.  I looked at the serial number of the old heater and they were all installed in 1981 which makes them 34 years.  I switched all the units to new 30 gallons.

Now one of the units complained that she needs more hot water.  No complaint before on a 20 gallon?  But now her BF stays over occasionally and takes a shower in the morning before her, and she goes in after and hot water runs out in the middle of her shower.

By the way she said she likes long showers 20+ minutes shaving, washing hair etc...

Is a 30 gallon sufficient for a 1/1 in your opinion?  

I could adjust the temp higher from the preset 120 but I am not sure about the liability if they get scold.

Another option is to go with a low flow shower head.

A tankless or a bigger tank I need to run new wires and not a good time to do that right now.

Frankly why am I even considering a solution to deal with an occasional BF stay over?

so how long do you take your showers?

Is a 30 gallon hwh sufficient for a 1/1 im south Florida where the winter temperature is in the 70s?

Loading replies...