Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Davis
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Glen Saint Mary, FL
Votes |
Starke Florida and a community with a seemingly endless flow of less than savory applicants.

Kenneth Davis
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Glen Saint Mary, FL
Posted Mar 29 2015, 06:38

Im sorry to offend anyone who favors this hamlet of a city, but so far my advertising infront of the property which is, just across the tracks in downtown, all the unqualified applicants one should only see in maybe a life time! I have seen what appear to be respectable looking individuals throughout the area, but I have only attracted those with poor credit, an eviction or two, criminal records, sob story tellers etc. Is HUD the way to go on this property? I own it flat out and only have to pay those taxes and so it has so far sat vacant and with the aid of a full time job I had to resort too, can afford to keep it vacant I suppose a few solid years or atleast until I sell it. I have successful rentals in Jacksonville and Lakecity Florida which aways get good renters and ones that have chosen to this date stay for years, not months. I am am strict in my screening process, you name it and I do it as far as the background screening of all applicants goes. My thinking sadly, perhaps is guilty until proven innocent in the screening of tenants and I do look for nearly the best I can find. I have not had the luxury of attending court to evict any tenant in nearly 10-12 years now!

Loading replies...