Votes
Jessalee Thompson
  • Clarksville, TN
Votes |
My roommates will not move out after 60 days notice

Jessalee Thompson
  • Clarksville, TN
Posted Apr 27 2015, 18:09

For the past 5 months I had a friend and her boyfriend move in while my husband was deployed. They have been on a month by month rent payment because if something came up, i could give them 30 days notice and have my extra room back. Back in March I found out my 2 nieces and 1 nephew where coming to see me for the summer, and i told them that I would need the room back In May. Then again in April I officially told them that I will need them out  May 1st, so that is a 60 day notice. It is April 28 and they have not found a place to live, and i have three children coming down in less than 17 days, and i need to get into the spare bedroom to put a bed, dresser, etc. For children to use. Now my question is, what can i do? Is it legal to charge them day by day until they leave? I cannot afford a lawyer and she is my friend, but I need this room back, and I am not going to tell my sisters kids that they cannot come because they will not leave. Thank you for reading, any solutions are appreciated!  

Loading replies...