Daniel Renta
  • Brooklyn, NY
Votes |
Pulled a fast one on me...

Daniel Renta
  • Brooklyn, NY
Posted May 22 2015, 18:01

Hello,

I"m currently renting a rear section on the 2Fl of  2 family house. I have been renting since May of last year. For my sanity and others I will get straight to the point. Sometime in April I was asked by my landlord. If some work can be done in the apartment to replace the heating. I was told the reasoning behind the replacement was to install a steam central heating unit or something of the sort. To lower the overall the bill for the owner. Long story short they replaced the heater now my national grid bill is higher and with my lease now expiring I get this email May 15th....mind you my lease expires the 30th.

"As you might already know, your current lease will expire at the end of May. I would like to know if you're thinking about renewing the lease or if you're planning on moving out. If you decide to renew the lease with me, there will be some changes: the rent will be $1300 and you will be responsible for all of the utilities (hot water, cooking gas, heat, and electricity). If you want to talk more about it or if you have any questions and concerns you can e-mail or call me. Thanks!"

Legal?

Loading replies...