• Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
Question on how to deal with problem tenants

Patrick Hamm
  • Investor
  • Albuquerque, NM
Posted May 22 2015, 18:26

Hi everyone,

I am very new to land lording and have a question on how you would deal with the following problem tenants I recently inherited when I purchased a triplex. 

I have two tenants, call them A and B, who can't seem to get along.  Tenant A routinely complains about tenant B making noise, blocking the driveway, and having multiple people over, and when I recently brought it up with tenant B and asked them to keep it down and generally be more neighborly, as stated in the lease, they complained about tenant A harassing them and acting aggressively.  Given the number of complaints I've received from tenant A, I recently gave tenant B a 7-day notice to quit.  Tenant A is now threatening to move out due to being unable to live next to Tenant B.  I'd rather he didn't do so since he has been a good tenant.  My question is what do you think the best route would be to get rid of the disruptive tenants?  Is it worth pursuing an eviction or would I be better off offering cash for keys?  Unfortunately, their lease doesn't expire until November.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Loading replies...