• Involved In Real Estate
  • Winston-Salem, NC
Votes |
After Almost 10 Years as a Landlord...

Ursula B.
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Winston-Salem, NC
Posted May 28 2015, 16:13

...I finally had to evict my first Tenant. I've threatened eviction before, even filed the documents and had a court date, but have never made it to the hearing before now.  

These tenants were placed by a former property management company and I inherited them after parting ways with the PM.  In another thread I mentioned these were slow paying tenants and I wasn't planning to renew their lease in August.  I won the judgement for possession yesterday - now patiently waiting for the automatic 10-day appeal period to expire to file the writ.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they will move out on their own before I show up with the sheriff, a locksmith and a moving truck. 

Feeling both accomplished and defeated all at the same time - and I'm sure my fellow landlords know what I mean - but it had to be done.

Unfortunately I have another non-payment eviction on deck, with the hearing schedule for June 8.  This one is ALL my fault, absolutely should have passed on this tenant! 

Still can't believe that I ended up with not one, but two evictions in one month, after such a great run.

Someone pass the Tylenol...

Loading replies...