MARY CLEMENT-HILL
  • Corvallis, OR
Votes |
Should a landlord clean a filthy tenant's kitchen and bath

MARY CLEMENT-HILL
  • Corvallis, OR
Posted Jun 19 2015, 15:05

Hi everyone,

I've got a weird question today.  My husband has been working on our ancient 4plex including what started as a small handful of repairs at one of the units where a tenant's been living for about 18 years (he's not leaving yet either).  The guy went thru some health issues and depression, consequently the place is a wreck.  My husband hauled out three truck loads of garbage for the dump, paid for it and loaded and unloaded it too. Now he's replacing most of the tenant's appliances with newer used.  AND he wants me (The Wife) to head out there and CLEAN THIS GUY'S KITCHEN AND BATHROOM.  I've already cleaned the used appliances (range and fridge and range fan and microwave) AND cleaned all the cabinet doors brought home for that specific purpose.  They were filthy, mega.  Believe me, I don't mind helping out, it's my property, too.  BUT, this seems over the top.  The guy's not leaving so why should we clean his 18 years worth of filth, and why shouldn't he do it?  FYI - I've asked the hubs and I got rage + wrath + fury at my daring to ask such a dumb question.  

Loading replies...