Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Atul Mohlajee
  • Oak Park, IL
Votes |
Tub at rental property backing up, Tenant complaining. Gave her rental credit for 5 day rent

Atul Mohlajee
  • Oak Park, IL
Posted Jun 23 2015, 13:14

I have a rental townhouse where tub is backing up and the tenant complained.  Plumber came in on Saturday tried to rod it through sink but it did not work.  They will be back today since this is a bigger job and they might have to open pipes at sink etc. to find blockage.  Gave rental credit of 5 day rent to tenant.  Tenant still complaining.  Did not call another plumber since this guy is the best and have worked with him for many years and gets the job done every time.  He was not available any earlier.  Tenant wanted even more credit which I refused because I do not want her to make a game of it every time something needs to be fixed.  Gave credit to a tenant first time in life since this was a plumbing issue that could not be resolved immediately.  She was complaining heavily by text messages/phone calls for her inconvenience but said she will be fine if I give her $200 over and above $258 already agreed upon.  My properties are well maintained and are in A, A- areas only.  What do you guys think?

Loading replies...