Votes
Neil P.
  • Edison, NJ
Votes |
NON PAYMENT RENT - EVICT A TENANT NJ

Neil P.
  • Edison, NJ
Posted Jul 1 2015, 16:47

so my tenants rent is due on 6th of every month since theyve been consistently late, we changed that date to the 15th.  There lease ends July 15th. they wanted to renew I already told them no.  They have not paid june 15ths rent.  They have not paid the secuirity deposit in full.  they have late fees they have not paid as well. 

I filed eviction yesterday, the tenant finally responded when i finally told them i will file eviction they said they dont care do what i have to do.  They said they have a baby on the way and they dont have time to find another place and i said thats fine at least pay the rent.  They said extend the lease and we will pay the rent.  I said no i told you i was not extending the lease, that you guys never pay on time.  They totally ignoring me now.  They are threatining me saying im a bad landord i never fix stuff, i always fix things for them and we had a leak the guy wouldnt let me in for a week so i fixed that as well. 

Now whats the next part people with non payment cases please help.  If we go to court they show up what happens will the judge order them to pay me or leave?  I got the tenant to sign a notice to quit as well.  They still have not paid or left the premise. @Lior Solomon@Darren Sager @Ibrahim Hughes

I am from NJ

Loading replies...