Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Luis Pereiro
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Screening Issues: Unresponsive landlords and dealing with "The Work Number" for VOE

Luis Pereiro
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Aug 4 2015, 10:32

Hello, I'm going through my first screening process with potential tenants. I have come across a couple issues. One poor applicant is having both. I have tried multiple times to reach the property management company. I seem to either get hung up on before I can even talk to anyone (they pick up, I hear them chatting in the background, then hangup without saying anything) or I leave voicemails that do not get returned. I also now have 2 applicants where their job's HR department refuses to speak with me and direct me to www.TheWorkNumber.com for a VOE. Now this site charges you $27.95 or $34.95 to access the information each time you verify an applicant. One poor couple is experiencing both issues. One of their main complaints for moving is poor property management. I can see why. Has anyone experienced this? I feel like it is justifiable reason to disqualify the applicant since I am unable to verify. But seems wrong because it is not their fault. I would like to hear other landlord's opinions. Thank you for taking time to read.

Loading replies...