Votes
Gary Clark
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
12 showings but no renter yet

Gary Clark
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Aug 4 2013, 15:08

So I have shown this apartment more than 12 times and still don't have a renter.

One family said they wanted it but didn't make their appointment to give me a security deposit so I called them and they said they didn't have the money.

Another person that moved to Chicago from California last week with no job and a 550 credit score wanted it but I think that's way too much risk.

It's a 3 bedroom 1.5 bath apartment in a house. Freshly painted, free washer and drier, high ceilings, nice ss appliances, central heat and a/c, also a private rooftop deck.

If there's one "downside" there's a pool in the backyard and there's only street parking.

Rent is $1500 which is about average for a 3 bedroom in an apartment building let alone a spacious house.

I've listed it on craigslist and have had at least 20 calls and over a dozen showings. Everyone that comes says they love it but I'm beginning to think I missed something. I charge a $50 application fee per ap regardless of the number of applicants.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on how I can get this place rented? This is my first rental and I'm curious if its normal to go 0 for like this.

Loading replies...