J. Martin
Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Posted Mar 5 2014, 22:10
This event is brought to you by:

93 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

It's time for the next monthly meetup in the EastBay! Come one, come all! Join us to meet with some great people, talk about all aspects of real estate investing, and make some local connections in the Bay. For those who are coming, please introduce yourself on the forum by copy and pasting the questions I filled out in the post below, then replace my answers with yours. This way, everyone has an idea of who we are and who they'd like to target when we meet up. Everyone will have a chance to introduce themselves in a circle there. I look forward to seeing you all.

What: EastBay Meetup - March Edition
When: Thursday, March 20, 2014
Where: Lake Chalet Seafood Bar & Grill
1520 Lakeside Dr, Oakland, CA 94612 (between 17th St & Oak St)

This is a beautiful location on the waters of LakeMerritt, with lots of tasty drinks/beers, and food available. We have a reservation for an enclosed section with a private side of the bar where we can hear each other talk, that worked well for the last meetup.

Get There: Take BART to 12th St/Civic Center Oakland Station & walk south-east down 14th St towards Lake Merritt. Make a left on Lakeside Dr, and the restaurant is on the Lake on your right hand side. It’s about a 10min +/- brisk walk.

Parking:
There is a free, on-site parking lot, which should have open spots. There is also valet parking for $6.50, and street parking, as available.

Food and drink: There are drinks available, appetizers, and a menu. You are responsible for the cost of your own food and drink, if you choose to have any. There is no “minimum” or cost for the meetup beyond what you choose to spend.

This is the fourth consecutive monthly East Bay Meetup I've organized, and we've had a good group of about 25 people each time, rotating through, with great conversations/connections/tips and people. Everyone is welcome. There is no cost, except whatever you would like to spend on beer or food. BP officially has no hand in organizing this event, except for providing the forum for us to connect on. Please do not post blatant advertisements/solicitations on this forum to avoid violating any of the terms of the website or meetup posting rules. But introduce yourself if you’re coming, and looking forward to seeing you there!

- J Martin

Like last time, I'm going to post some keywords to alert those in the area who might be interested..

East Bay , East Bay Meetup , Bay Area , Meetup , Meet up , Meet-up , San Francisco , Oakland , Berkeley , Alameda County , Contra Costa County , Solano County , Richmond , Hercules , Concord , Albany , Pittsburgh , Marin San Rafael , South Bay , Peninsula , Walnut Creek , Pittsburgh , Antioch , Pleasanton , Fremont , Castro Valley

Loading replies...