Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Posted Aug 4 2014, 21:11
This event is brought to you by:

30 Replies

• 08/25/14 06:00PM
  • Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City; 1100 Arch St, Philadelphia 19107
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

I love meeting other Real Estate investors both locally, and when I travel, so I'm bringing my Bay Area meetup to Philly while I'm out on a business trip! I host a monthly meetup in Oakland, just across the Bay from San Francisco. But I'll be at the Hilton Garden Inn Center City in Philadelphia from 8/24 through to 8/27, so come out and say hi to some fellow investors! (this is organized by me and is NOT sponsored or endorsed by BP).
Let me know what date or if both dates work for you!

**Check back before the meetup date for finalized details**
What: Philadelphia Meetup
When: Sunday, 8/24/14, or Monday, 8/25/14 (Post below and let me know if one or both dates work for you) - 6PM
Where: (most likely) Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Center City; 1100 Arch St, Philadelphia 19107
Why: Meet other investors, hear about different markets, get great advice & connections for the future, and have a cocktail and some good stories with other great people passionate about real estate!

I've hosted small meetup events at my own fixer properties http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Real-Estate-Networking-Group-REmeetup-com/ , and those of fellow investors, great beer houses in Oakland, and even a brewery in SF where we were fortunate enough to be able to meet BP legends Josh and Brandon: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/124707-bp-meetup---fri-4-25-in-sf-w-josh-dorkin-and-brandon-turner

While this will be a lower-key event than that big meetup, one common thread among all the meetups I've hosted is the hardy camaraderie, great conversations, connections that can pay huge dividends (literally and figuratively!) in the future, and some fantastic advice and ideas that have both saved me lots of money, and expanded my investment horizons. I'm currently in a partnership deal with someone I've met at my meetups, and have borrowed money from others, on top of all the great advice, so please come out and meet your local Philly investors!

So if you're in downtown Philly already, perfect! I know there are some investors from Bensalem on the forums, and maybe some we can get some from Trenton, Wilmington, or Phoenixville. Wayne, Havertown, and Cherry Hill are a bit closer... Every meetup I've been to hasn't shut down until we were kicked out, or at least until 11PM, so don't be afraid to show up late! Looking forward to meeting you there!

Loading replies...