Votes |
North Carolina (NC) Meet: Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Chapel Hill, Durham

James Hutson
  • Wholesaler
  • Cary, NC
Posted Jan 1 2015, 20:10

51 Replies

• 01/16/15 06:00PM
  • The Dogwood Room in the Community Center at Bond Park. 801 High House Road, Cary, NC 27513
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Greetings everyone!

This is the third post for this meet. Bellow, is the final, set-in-stone information from the first event page. The previous details have changed several times because of how fast the number of attendees has been growing.

Our inaugural BP meet for the area will be Friday, January 16th from 6-7pm. The venue is the Dogwood Room in the Community Center at Bond Park in Cary.

There will be no membership fees or sales pitching. Our goal is to have a friendly meet where people can discuss happenings in Real Estate and everything relevant to it.

To really create value for everyone, we are working on a structure that will be pretty unique and it is based on the concept of immersion. This general monthly meet will cover issues we all face in this rapidly changing economy (from laws and taxes to market behavior, etc.) and how we can work together to navigate and solve these obstacles.

As the months pass, we are hoping to have offshoot weekly meets that will each be centered on a specific topic. For instance, a weekly meet that 'majors' in creative financing. This would allow members to shift between meets and focus on what really interests them and is relevant to their goals. Just like learning a new language, learning investing is ideally done through immersing oneself into that specific 'area'. Instead of only being able to learn about creative financing once every few months when it gets cycled around and becomes the primary topic of say, the larger meets, now you would be able to be immersed in the 'lingo' and surrounded by other professionals in the same field weekly. I want you all to think of this as a buffet of knowledge and mentorship.

It won't feel like you're back in school, I promise :) My goal is for this to be professional and yet relaxed. I have no concerns about things like egos and experience hierarchies among those attending. We are all here to learn, grow, network and do business together. Also, in case you were wondering, this is not a 'suits and ties only' kind of event. Wear whatever is comfortable...if a tux is comfortable, then by all means :p

In the future, I would like to invite via Skype, guests who were speakers on the BP podcast. Having them give us a 20-30 minute webinar discussion/presentation on their field of expertise would be an invaluable learning experience. A benefit to this would be that we could ask the guests questions and get face-to-face answers/advise.

There will also be time to network and just have open discussions each meet.

Please send me a message here on BP confirming that you're attending the event. I will need this in order to put together tables, name tags and how much coffee, water and snacks to bring.

Looking forward to meeting you all! If you have any questions or ideas, please don't hesitate to give me a shout out. Also, please feel free to friend request me here on BP and Facebook if you'd like.

This meet is going places, people! We ARE creating value for our neighborhoods and communities. We WILL help to improve our economy. We are a meeting of very intelligent and ambitious minds with larger than life goals and we will all be swept off to success by each other. Remember, a rising tide lifts all boats (when we all give 110% to each other). My only question is: "Are you going to get on board?"

Check out, like and join in the discussions on our Facebook page, as this will be our primary point of contact and updates.

http://www.facebook.com/biggerpocketsraleigh?ref=b...

Cell: (919) 337-7765

Email: [email protected] 

Loading replies...