• Chicago, IL
Votes |
The Science of Finding Deals - Part 5: Learn Real Estate Negotiations

Wendell De Guzman
  • Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Aug 6 2015, 09:33

8 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

BP members ask me: "How can you find these good deals, Wendell?"

My answer: "You got to boil down finding deals into a science."

Part of the Science of Finding Deals is MAKING the deal happen through good NEGOTIATION. In Part 5 of this forum/blog series that I launched exclusively here on Biggerpockets, I will interview 3 real estate investors. No matter what your experience level, you will learn a negotiation tactic or two from these 3 investors I am interviewing.

One of them, a beginner, named Jim (from Plainfield IL) was able to negotiate his way to buying a house (his FIRST DEAL!) for BELOW what the seller paid for. The seller paid $208,000 for the house IN 2013. Jim was able to persuade the seller to sell the house to him for only $149,000 (the property is worth $240K). Find out how he did it by attending the FREE webinar on August 12 at 8 PM CST.

Here's the link and how you can join:

The second investor I am interviewing is "Mr. J" (from Chicago IL). He is the youngest person I am interviewing - he is only 24 years old. What's cool about him is that he was able to buy a house for $1. Not $1 downpayment. But $1 sales price. Not only that, but he is also an excellent negotiator when selling properties. He has sold properties for 100% of his asking price - almost all the time. Mr J. is an intermediate-level investor - he has bought and sold about 10 houses in less than 12 months.

The third and the most experienced investor I am interviewing is Garrett from Cincinnati, Ohio. Garrett has been investing since 2005 and has done over 100 deals. He is so good in negotiations - like Mr J, he has bought properties for $1 too and he even knows how to make money on properties he does not buy. I want to find out more what this powerful and unique strategy is so listen in as I "grill him" about it.

You might be wondering: why am I interviewing these real estate investors and why are they willing to share their secrets with BP Nation?

We are looking for BPers who want to help us find deals. By sharing with you what we know, my hope is when you encounter deals that you've heard us do - you will get our help so we can do the deals together. More deals mean more money for us...and YOU.

This webinar is totally FREE and there's no UPSELL during the webinar. 

These real estate investors I am interviewing are NOT gurus. They don't have a home study course to sell. They just want to do more deals.

To learn how to negotiate and do more deals, sign up below:

Thanks and see you on Wednesday, August 12, 8 PM CST.

Wendell

P.S. There are only 22 seats available so join early on Wednesday, August 12, 8 PM CST.

P.P.S. Here are the LINKS to the different parts of THE SCIENCE OF FINDING DEALS forum series here on Biggerpockets:

Part 1 - why you need to have MULTIPLE LEAD PIPELINES or multiple sources of leads

Part 2 - why you need to know and implement DIFFERENT ENTRY AND EXIT STRATEGIES or different ways to buy and sell (or profit from) properties

Part 3 - how you can find good deals EVEN on the MLS and be able to compete even with the hedge funds

Part 4 - how to ANALYZE deals so you'll know what price to pay for any property. Most newbie investors don't know their numbers and wonder why they lose money.

Loading replies...