Votes |
September 23rd, 2015 Meetup in Manhattan- Residential Leases

Darren Sager
  • Investor
  • Tampa, FL
ModeratorPosted Sep 2 2015, 22:09
This event is brought to you by:

17 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Hello BiggerPockets members from all over the NYC metropolitan area, the greatest city in the world! Summer is now gone and it's time to get back to work on your REI. I'm pleased to announce our next Meetup in Manhattan will be taking place on Wednesday September 23rd at 6pm so put it in your calendar! You MUST register through the links to attend the event located here and at the bottom of this message.

Link to the Registration page

As usual we're going to have our meet and greet so you can network with other BP members from the area and in addition we're going to have a discussion about Residential Leases.  Ever since I was on BiggerPockets Podcast 48 I've been asked many times by other BP members about my "20 page lease" which I use. I've been asked to cover the topic so now's as good as a time as any to make this happen. I thought it would be a good time to talk about in my experience important aspects for you to have in your leases for your residential properties.  Our discussion will focus on a standard yearly lease and not necessarily on other leases, like short term, vacation rentals, or other specialty leases.   Mind you I'm not an attorney nor have ever given a class before on leases, however I'm going to do my best to have you understand certain things that I think are important to be in your lease if you're going to be a buy and hold investor like myself.   I've read a lot of leases, always looking to get my hands on new ones,  and I'm always making updates to mine to make sure all the bases are covered best they can be.

The event will again take place at 120 East 23rd Street in the WeWork space. This is our fifth time at this location so yet again I want to thank Matt Rodak from FundThatFlip.com for sponsoring this event (as well as providing some good food and drink for all to enjoy). Don't be surprised for me to give the floor to Matt during the event to hear about the great service that they provide because I'm going to do it. Hearing from Fundthatflip.com will be the only "pitching of products or services" you'll hear outside what other members may talk to you about.

Even if you're brand new to BiggerPockets, a first time investor or seasoned Pro, money lender or contractor, wholesaler or business professional, or you've been out of the game and need to get back in, be sure to be there and meet other members and those interested in Real Estate investing from the NYC metro area which includes Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Long Island, Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Orange County, Fairfield County CT, and Northern NJ.

There is no dress code. Come as you feel most comfortable to network with others. Just be prepared for another great event!

Tell your friends. Tell your BP colleagues. Send them a link to the sign up because You MUST REGISTER on the following link to attend the event.  

Link to the Registration page

Loading replies...