Gabe E.
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
How to proceed with Asbestos repair?

Gabe E.
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Mar 16 2015, 23:26

Hi BP Community,

I have a contractor working on phase1 of 3 on a rental property remodeling. The home exterior is about 75% asbestos (excludes the front of house). One side of the house had fire damage to about 1/3 of the asbestos siding on one side-  and particle board plywood had already been put up to replace the damaged area prior to the home purchase.

Before work was started, I had let the contractor know I wanted to replace the missing asbestos section with a similar looking asbestos pieces to maintain uniformity. What I got so far is the below pic. Now I definitely want to alert them as im not too pleased at them just hanging up hardi siding for that section; not to mention the surfaces being uneven.

(sorry for the night time pic) 

Has anyone run into a similar problem with replacing asbestos pieces? The more I read into it, it seems people are covering the asbestos entirely with new siding. Since this will be a rental, i'd like the siding to at least match; but im not sure if in the long run if it is just better to let them proceed and possibly hardi the rest of the one side. Any ideas on how to proceed?

Loading replies...