Jose Duran
  • Bakersfield, CA
Votes |
Soon to be FIrst time homeowner in Bakersfield, CA

Jose Duran
  • Bakersfield, CA
Posted Nov 4 2013, 04:17

Hello,

My name is Jose Duran. I am a young professional in the healthcare field with 0 experience in real estate. I am also a USNR veteran and am putting the VA loan to good use. I'm currently in escrow. Once we are able to close, my goal is to rent out the remaining rooms.

It's a 3bd/2.5ba home located walking distance to the local university (CSUB), library, restaurants, grocery store, theatre, and in a gated community. The community is a fairly new one and thus very clean. The common areas are very attractive (swimming pool, BBQ, playground).

I'm hoping I can get direction on a few things.

First, if any BP members would like to offer sample rental agreements for rooms, that would be much appreciated.

Second, is anyone familiar with the rental market in Bakersfield? What can I expect as far as the difficulty of finding a tenant?

Third, does Bakersfield have rental laws or rights out of the norm?

Given the location and the situation with renting rooms rather than the whole home, I think my target demographic would be college students. Can someone share their experience with renting to students? Pros and Cons. Marketing strategies?

I'm sure there's more questions I should be asking, please let me know. Thank you

Loading replies...