• Redondo Beach, CA
Votes |
New from Los Angeles

O'brian R.
  • Investor
  • Redondo Beach, CA
Posted Dec 20 2013, 15:32

Hello to the BP community!

I'm O'brian, 29 years old, and new to the real estate investing world. I'm living in Los Angeles where I work full-time as an aerospace engineer. I came across BiggerPockets through the podcast a few months ago and it opened a whole world of opportunities in my mind. The last couple months I've just been reading real estate books, listening to podcasts, and just educating myself in my spare time. I also just finished my graduate studies at USC, literally 3 days ago so now I've got no more excuses to not begin this real estate adventure.

I'm interested in the buy and hold model of SFH or multifamilies that cashflow because I'm committed to invest for the long haul. I'm realizing how challenging it is to find property in LA that makes economic sense so I'm interested in investing out of the county (up to 2 hour drive) or even out of state. To be quite honest, the out of state investing sort of scares me since I haven't even purchased property before, though compared to LA's market the numbers in Memphis or Dallas to name a few are very attractive.

In any case, I'm here on BiggerPockets looking to chat, meet, and network with like-minded individuals or experienced investors. My goal is to acquire my first property in 2014 before I turn 30! But first, I need to start taking action in 3..2..1...

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone!

O'brian Rossi

Loading replies...