Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Mark Ancerewicz
  • Bonita Springs, FL
Votes |
New member needing your expert advice...

Mark Ancerewicz
  • Bonita Springs, FL
Posted Jan 3 2014, 08:15

Hello BP'ers! I am new to RE Investing and have been following BP pretty much from day 1 and I am very thankful for all the seasoned experts that take the time to help others. So I have a question that hopefully you could help me out with...

If you were in the position to move somewhere right now, in terms of Real Estate Investing where would you go? Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Denver CO (and/or the whole front range), SW Florida (Cape Coral to Naples), or Tampa/St Pete/Sarasota ? My focus this year is on wholesaling, flipping SFH and duplexes, and Mobil Homes as rent to own.

I am currently in Charleston SC but I need to be out of my place by the end of the month so I find myself asking this question. I’ve heard this question asked on the forums before and if I recall most responders said to live where you want to live first and invest second, which I totally agree with. The reason I have selected these cities/areas is because they are all area that I would like to live as I have family there. The only place I don’t have family or roots so-to-speak is my current city of Charleston SC. I just started taking the plunge into RE Investing about 2 months ago and my thought is that if I’m going to move, now is the time before I start getting a lot of momentum going in Charleston as I have already started a yellow letter campaign there, but have not done any deals.

One of the things I have learned in my short time in this business is that things change very quickly. And sometimes when things change that quickly the result is that deals for wholesaling and flipping dry up (such as some areas of TX and Las Vegas which were very hot within the last few years). I would like 2014 to be very prosperous (as I’m sure everyone does), so any insight on each of these areas would be very much appreciated. I would hate to move to one of these areas and find that there are no deals.

Since I have family and/or roots in each of these areas part of my decision making process is going to be determined by the opportunity for finding good real estate deals in 2014. Anyone who has any advice, and/or experience in each of these areas I welcome your comments and opinions.

Also, I am looking for mentors and partners. If you are in any one of these areas and would like to talk about mentoring me in the short term and partnering up on some deals over the long term I would very much like to talk to you. I have a budget for marketing (any deals that result from this marketing I intend to split with a mentor who is willing to teach me), and private capital to begin doing flips immediately. Rather than discussing particulars over this forum, if you have experience in these areas, are willing to help, and would like to talk, please send me an email.

Thank you kindly in advance for your responses.

One more thing, if anyone sees this post and feels that I may get a better response in forum other than "New Member Introductions" please let me know so I can repost. Thank you.

Loading replies...