• Woodland, WA
Votes |
Getting started in Vancouver, WA

Chris Gillins
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Woodland, WA
Posted Jan 8 2014, 08:02

Hello All!

I stumbled across Biggerpockets whilst looking online for "investing". As a father of 2+1 (next June!) I realized that the rat race I was in and had been sold from parents with great intentions (go to school, get a good job, etc) was not going to be the future for me, especially after reading Rich Dad. I am a Project Engineer for a Heavy Civil Contractor and spent my time working through school building houses and light commercial properties.

We just recently got approved for a USDA loan and are looking for our first place, preferably a duplex or something with an unfinished basement I can finish out and out a rental in. I have enjoyed the podcasts and am still working my way through the archives.

Big thank you to all of those who have contributed to this site, I think that it is great to give back, and I hope and pray that I too, will one day be able to give generously. I will be looking into the local NW REIA's and would love any opportunities to provide muscle/rehab assistance/construction know-how to any other local investors who are on this same path.

Thank you!

Loading replies...