• Old Bridge, NJ
Votes |
New Member from New Jersey

Arary McGowan
  • Real Estate Entrepreneur
  • Old Bridge, NJ
Posted Feb 18 2014, 20:07

Hello All,

I have been a member here for about a month. I have been reading a lot of posts and listenig to the AWESOME Podcsts!! Seeing what is going on in the real estate industry.

Just a bit about my self. I started in real estate in 2003. I purchased my first 3 multifamily units. Hug mistake.. I listen to the person I bought from and believed everything he said without doing my own research. (I was young and wanted in) So I bought in a "up and coming area" HA! Nothing came up. My strategy was to buy and hold. I collected rent and made some money. One of the properties was clearing $1700 per month after expenses. That soon ended. At the time I was still in the military and was deployed oversees and some tenants didn't want to pay rent. That is when I decided to sell everything. Kicked problem tenants out started fresh and sold my problems away. I learned a lot during that process.

Decided to become a Realtor. I loved real estate and I knew my life would not be the same without it. Now I help other make smart decisions when buying real estate.

I'm in the process of getting back in to the investing side of the business and found bigger pocket. I am glad I did.

My goal is to buy fix and sale 1-2 property this year. Network with local investors in the Central New Jersey and Milwaukee Areas. Build relationships and partner on some deals.

Looking forward to hearing for you all and thanks for reading.

Loading replies...