• Real Estate Attorney
  • Bellaire, TX
Votes |
New Member From Houston!

Art Warren
  • Real Estate Attorney
  • Bellaire, TX
Posted Feb 24 2014, 06:51

Hello everyone, my name is Artiquewa Warren! Most of my friends call me Art Warren for short. I know most of you might think that my name is foreign, but it's not. My mother's friend that it was a cool name and suggested to my mother that she name me that. I was told years later after it was Eskimo by my mother. Not really sure how true that is, but I can tell you that it's always been a good source of conversation when I initially meet people.

Professionally I'm an practicing Criminal Defense lawyer and I also handle Personal Injury cases. I tried working in some of the more common areas like Family Law but I couldn't handle the drama that goes along with Family law. For some of you who might have a distaste for lawyers or more importantly Criminal Defense lawyers, I don't defend people who commit murder, child molestation, rape, child abuse or anything of the sort. Not that I don't feel they deserve good counsel, I just choose not to represent those types of defendants. In addition to law, I do a number of other projects throughout the year that relate to real estate. I've built a home, I've done several remodels for friends or relatives and I've also built three in ground swimming pools. I enjoy getting away from the grind of judges and other lawyers and focusing on stuff that is not so adversarial. These projects allow me to get outdoors and get some fresh air. :-) By the way, I have one other part-time job that I do periodically and I've done it going on 12 years now. I'm looking forward to my retirement soon and I will have the benefits for the rest of my life. It's the main reasons I applied for the job in 2002. I'm going to give you guys a hint and see if anyone can figure it out? I work part-time for United Airlines, formally Continental Airlines.

Any who, probably enough about work already! I'm now going to move on to why I'm here in the first place:

I'm new to the community but I've been listening to the podcast cast for some time now. I decided I should do it the right way and join the community because I believe it what BP is all about. Additionally, I enjoy real estate so much and I feel that I have a lot to offer and can also be a contributor to the community. I look forward to becoming actively involved in the community and building relationships with other members. However, I'm still trying to figure my way around the site and trying to figure out the best way to use the site. I'm really looking forward to this experience and hope that I'm able to help people with their goals and I'm certainly looking forward to making new friends.

Loading replies...