• Victoria, BC
Votes |
Aussie Ex-Pat, Canadian Resident - BC, AB, QC

Matthew McLean
  • SFR Investor
  • Victoria, BC
Posted Mar 16 2014, 23:33

Good Evening Bigger Pockets Family,

My name is Matt McLean and I wanted to introduce myself to this amazing group of people. I found out about BP when I was going on a big 5 hr drive for business across Alberta and googled "Real Estate Podcast Canada". After flitering through some crappy ones I found BP and have been hooked since I first listened one week ago. Josh, Brandon and contributors, the podcasts are fantastic and so so helpful for newbs like me so please keep up the awesome work.

As mentioned I grew up in Queensland, Australia ("Astraya") and now live in Canada. I call British Columbia my Canadian Home as I spent a few years there when I first came and love the scenery and lifestyle of the West Coast. I currently live in a tiny town Grande Cache, Alberta where I manage an Environmental Contracting company working with First Nations, Oil, Gas, Forestry, Government and all the rest.

My real estate experience is fresh at best but I am in a fantastic position to start with a nice piggy bank of life savings in the 10's of thousands, no debt, dual income with my partner and a fairly cheap rental situation at the moment.

We have a wonderful opportunity with some land my partner was given on the Ontario, Quebec border aswell as some fantastic waterfront lots we have been looking to buy on West Coast Vancouver Island. With all the chit chat going on with Pipelines and continued Oil/Gas Dev't here in Canada, I am also looking for short term returns on pipeline industry towns like Terrace and Kitimat in BC. I am looking forward to hearing feedback and advice on these from the wonderful folks at BP over the next few weeks/mths.

I also look forward to offer insight and suggestions to folks out there whom my experience and coming adventures may help!

In the meantime, thanks for existing BP. I have great feelings about the positive attitudes and sharing this community promotes.

Have a fantastic day!

Kind Regards,

Matt McLean

Loading replies...