• Involved In Real Estate
  • Center Line, MI
Votes |
LIVE FROM DETROIT....KIND OF.

Alton Williams
  • Involved In Real Estate
  • Center Line, MI
Posted Mar 30 2014, 12:00

Greetings from the confines of my home/office. I just signed up for the site a few days ago and I have been listening to the podcasts for about 2 weeks now. First of all, the podcast is seriously one of the best out there. I typically listen to plenty of them (The Real Estate Guys, Real Estate Today, REI Club etc) but after I listen to all of the episodes I am left craving more and that's how I found BP podcasts. Best decision of the week. There is a great deal of content and also a hint of comic relief so you don't find yourself zoning out and having to rewind and rehash what you missed. That being said I had no idea about the website and I found this last week and became a member, best idea of that next week.

I was born in Houston raised in Detroit and now I live in Macomb county about 10 minutes from Detroit. I have been studying investing since 2012 and pulled the trigger on my first deal that same year....didn't quite go as I planned. Through all the ebbs and flows though I would not do anything differently (that's a lie I would do a lot of stuff differently but it sounds good though right LOL). I manage a hotel in Oakland county and it's an awesome educational job because it teaches me the ins and outs of running a hotel from housekeeping to acquisitions of properties and I will own hotels in the near future so it's great to get paid to practice. I am also a fairly new agent for Keller Williams in Troy which is another educational position to help propel me to my goals it's just a matter of managing my time to be as efficient as possible.

I recently purchased a buy and hold that I am currently renting out and it's cash flowing, but I am seeking a flip for my next deal and another buy and hold by Q4. I've been speaking to a variety of lenders and I'm hoping to have something concrete before July because I'm getting married in July and she would hate for me to be thinking about real estate on the cruise. I will still be thinking of real estate on the cruise though lol. (Hope she doesn't see this)

I have a strategic map of where I want to get to, but I felt a lack of the human capital with my circle of associates because they continued to feed off of my education/mistakes but never offered anything in return so I acknowledged that I needed a paradigm shift and I have been looking for like minded individuals since that epiphany. It seems that big pockets is that. I am always doing something involving not only real estate but personal development from using my vehicle as a class room for Jim Rohn, Napolean Hill, Brian Tracy, Les Brown you tube videos (just to name a few) or audio books I've dowloaded somewhere. I feel that when you change your mindset the universe will place certain things in your path, I think big pockets is that and I see it as being a catalyst for myself and thousands of others that utilize the resources available. I am easily accessible and I welcome anyone to reach out to me if I can be of any service at all. See you in the community!

Loading replies...