Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Tim C.
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
Noobster in Southwest Ohio (10 minutes from East Indiana)

Tim C.
  • Nashville, TN
Posted Apr 5 2014, 05:48

Hello BP,

I am a 24 year old school teacher working in Eaton, OH, living in Oxford, OH, who is from Franklin, OH and looking to invest wherever I can find a deal in Southwest, OH. I'm thinking Dayton, Hamilton, and Fairfield might be good places to learn about. I would also consider investing in East Indiana (College Corner, IN, Richmond, IN, etc.) as they are close to me.

I bought my first property in Oxford, OH at 19 years old and learned the hard way how to make home improvements (to just about everything!). With this experience I am most interested in flipping cheap properties into rentals. Once I've educated myself enough to feel confident I'd like my first rental to be rent ready for less than $30,000. *I am open to first time investor strategy suggestions from those of you with experience.

A goal that would make me feel proud is to make $200 a month and receive a 20% percent cash-on-cash return. I'm going to be extremely tough on my first rental purchase, because I want to build a motivational snow ball that propels me forward to success.

I am grateful to have found this free resource, I'm not one to join forums but I can tell that BP is full of good like-minded people and I look forward to meeting some of you!

Best,
TJ Chasteen

Loading replies...