• Dacula, GA
Votes |
New Member in Gwinnett County, GA

Jon Brown
  • Investor
  • Dacula, GA
Posted Apr 12 2014, 07:55

Hi All! What an awesome community!

I have been reading and listening to podcasts for a few weeks now and thought I would introduce myself.

About me: I am a husband, father of 2 (2.5 year-old boy, 5 month old girl), and travel nationally working for a fortune 500 medical device company as a consultant in the areas of leadership, process improvement, and change management. I primarily work with hospitals execs, surgeons, and staff in the OR setting, but also take on a few clients annually in other industries.

My RE goals: I have long been fond of RE, but have only bought/sold our 3 primary residences. I plan to build a family business which in 5yrs time generates at least as much monthly income as my current job. The "Why" is that I enjoy RE, and want more time with the family, and business they my kids could learn if they want to. I'm leaning buy and hold primarily, but am open to other sectors/strategies also. We have roots in both Atlanta (primary residence) and Maine (family is all there) so we would LOVE to own investments in both places. Because I travel so much, wholesaling may be a good way for me to start but I have never done it.

What I hope to gain from BP: I am already learning so much here, but I would love to connect with some folks who have similar aspirations, and also find local REIA I could connect with.

What I bring: While my RE experience is limited to our own homes, I do have specialized experience in areas which overlap nicely with any business. Standardization, process improvement, communication, contingency planning, leadership, task-overlap. I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Well that's me in a nutshell, I include a link to my linkedin profile below:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jonathan-brown/7/810/98/

Loading replies...