• Real Estate Investor
  • American Fork, UT
Votes |
Newbie from American Fork, Utah

Clint Cook
  • Real Estate Investor
  • American Fork, UT
Posted Apr 15 2014, 15:14

I'm Clint, a 45 year old electrical engineer from American Fork, Utah. When vacationing my family and we will often stay in a vacation rental instead of a hotel. We find them more comfortable, better suited for our family and often no more expensive than a hotel. I've often thought, it would be great to be able to have some properties like those we stay in.

About 5 years ago a purchased a book from one of the "gurus" who claimed it was easy to make a lot of money really fast. As I learned more about his program, I realized I'd be spending a lot money, and probably no get much out of it. Fortunately I didn't spend any money beyond the cost of the book, but I concluded real estate investment was out of my reach.

Recently, I started researching buy and hold options a bit more, and decided this is something I want to do, or at least learn enough to make an educated decision about if it's really for me, and if I can make it work.

I'm interested in buy and hold type investments. The idea of buying and renting vacation types homes is very appealing to me, and is one of the avenues I'm researching. I'm also considering single family, multifamily (duplex), and possibly student housing. I'd like to generate enough cash flow to supplement my income, and when I'm ready to retire, not have to worry about if the 401K funds are going to last.

I've got a lot to learn, a lot of concerns, and as I work on getting a business plan and team assembled, I'll have a lot of questions. I love what I've found on the Bigger Pockets site, and I'm very excited to get started learning, and figuring out how to buy my first property.

Loading replies...