Will Spivens
  • Johnston, IA
Votes |
Iowa Investment Rookie

Will Spivens
  • Johnston, IA
Posted Apr 17 2014, 08:02

Hello,

My name is Will Spivens and I am new to investing in real estate. I reside in central Iowa and look to invest close to where I live. My wife and I have full time jobs and are willing to invest a percentage of our personal equity and/or cash finance. I work as an hourly skilled trades worker for a large agricultural manufacturer and have no plans of ever leaving my job. As a matter of fact, I have no desire to get rich from investing in real estate. My wife and I simply seek financial liquidity in order to pay for my children's college tuition along with the opportunity to teach my children on how your money can make money for you. I have approximately 8 years to complete this goal and estimate the cost of both of my children's education combined to be around $160,000. I am asking the members of this forum to help guide my wife and I into the right direction to conservatively invest. Because I plan on completing all of the physical work myself, I am interested in owning and renting single family homes and/or flipping homes for profit. I completely understand what it takes to physically complete projects on properties, but I do not understand the details involved in seeking the correct financing or specifics about taxation. I don't gamble and won't invest in something I do not know anything about. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have!

Loading replies...