Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Malik
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Delanco, NJ
Votes |
New (sort of) Youngin from Philadelphia Area - INTRO!

Andrew Malik
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Delanco, NJ
Posted Apr 17 2014, 17:33

Hi everyone!

My name is Andrew, I'm 22 and a college drop out :/. I've had this account for quite some time but today I decided it's time for me to get active on here!

Let me give you a background on myself...

I started out working for the Philadelphia Housing Authority (Section 8, what a crazy experience!) in college then moved on to work for a huge mortgage company as a loan processor (PHH Mortgage). My goal was to gain experience in each subject of real estate. My father is also a custom remodeler so I know quite a bit about construction. I also used to have my loan origination license but now I only have my real estate license in NJ (you can't have both at the same time apparently) so I can be my own Realtor! Currently, I have my own company I run with my father that focuses on fix and flips. My father helps with running the rehab end of things and I take care of everything else.

We just finished our first project and it went under contract last Friday! Please check it out and let me know what you think. I would appreciate any constructive criticism and advice (I have some pictures here [REMOVED]). The buyers have not closed on the property yet so I probably shouldn't get too specific on details quite yet as a courtesy to everyone involved. However, I can say that it should be profitable!

I found my first project on the MLS but I really want to start finding my own deals through online marketing, any ideas/who's the guy to ask? Or maybe connect with some local wholesalers?

Well I guess that's about it, I'm really excited to start being an active member and @brandonturner / @joshuadorkin keep up the awesome podcasts, I listen all the time in the car!

Cheers!

Loading replies...