Erin Dixon
  • APO, AP
Votes |
Small Family, Big World

Erin Dixon
  • APO, AP
Posted Apr 22 2014, 19:35

Sawatdii-kha (Hello)!!

We're a couple of young parents with three small boys and one full-time job. We've saved up a bit and have decided to explore the massive world of REI. We currently live in Thailand, but when we're not abroad we live in the No. VA area of the U.S.

We like the idea of buy and hold, and turnkey for now (hard to fix a property from here). We're (hoping to) start out with three properties this year, a SFR in Vegas, one in Fort Worth, and a 2-unit in Chicago.

We go between feelings of excitement and panic, but the kids have kind of gotten us used to that, and the wealth of info on BP helps with the nerves.

I like saving money, travel hacking, and DIY. We're interested in REI because we're interested in cash flow, not necessarily for now, but more for later, as it's looking like we'll be the only ones in a position to take care of our parents, and our kids, and ourselves. We'd just like to be able to do all three and have a little fun at the same time.

We're really glad to have found your community, especially because I have a million questions, and am very indecisive, and feel like I have to research everything to death before I can make a decision. So thank you all for making the process easier for me.

Loading replies...