Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Laurie Williamson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
New from Dallas (Multi-Family or SFH investing)

Laurie Williamson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Plano, TX
Posted Apr 23 2014, 06:12

Hi all, I just joined the site a couple of days ago, and already I’m hooked. So much helpful and interesting information! I am mostly here to learn as much as I can while I am saving up the down payment for my first investment property. I’ve been leaning toward multi-family investing (want to buy a fourplex), which will take longer to get started, but which (I’m hoping) will cash flow better. However, the more I read, the more I’m becoming open to the idea of single family homes as well, which would allow me to make my first purchase much sooner. Also, I discovered a major flaw in my math after listening to a BP podcast yesterday (Thanks, guys!), so now I’m re-evaluating… I’m looking forward to meeting other like-minded investors, especially in the Dallas area. I’ve also met with a couple of local groups (Lifestyles Unlimited and NTAREA). Any opinions on the best local groups to join are welcome — also, please add me if you’re in the area and want to network. I won’t bother you; I’m just trying to learn more about the local market, so if you write a blog or an article, I will probably read it. Thanks!!

Loading replies...