• Arnold, MD
Votes |
Newbie from the Annapolis, MD area

Richard Palmer
  • Renter
  • Arnold, MD
Posted Apr 23 2014, 19:33

Hello to all,

My name is Richard Palmer and I have been living in the Arnold/Annapolis area for almost two years now with my 4 children(ages 13, 8, 6, and 5) and my wife.

I ended up moving back to this area after losing my position with an electrical company that I had worked for almost 5 years(company ran out of work) in the Salisbury area.

I now work for the power company and don't want to be ever in the position of losing my job again, so I am looking at real estate as my financial vehicle to get passive income. I really am most interested in buy and hold, but would not pass up a good flip either if it worked out that way. I want to start with SFH and then move to MFU later down the road.

I had in the past worked for the Depot for about 14 years from the sales floor to Store Manager and all positions in between, so I have lots of knowledge of building products. Plus, I am a big DIY guy, but I am going to try and stay away from that as much as possible, since I work a full time job and have 4 kids to mind to.

I have been reading my tail off to get started (favorite book Rich Dad Poor Dad) and now need to get going in the right direction. I had come across this website the other day and I have not been able to stop reading blogs, watching videos, etc.

Any tips on getting me going would be much appreciated.

Thanks for a great website BP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loading replies...