Thomas Threadgill
  • JACKSON, MS
Votes |
New from Jackson, Mississippi

Thomas Threadgill
  • JACKSON, MS
Posted Apr 24 2014, 08:00

Hello,

My name is Thomas. I earned my CPA license working as an auditor in public accounting for two years. I audited many different types of companies, banks, hospitals, a restaurant group, a timber management organization, manufacturers, etc. I learned more about business in those two years than I ever could in a classroom.

While I enjoyed the learning opportunities in public accounting, I ultimately left because I realized it was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my career. Having a front-seat view of successful businesses had sparked an entrepreneurial desire in me. I was tired of counting other people's money, and ready to start making some of my own.

An exit opportunity from public accounting presented itself when my dad asked me to partner with him on a CRE (restaurant building) investment. We purchased the building, rehabbed it, and recently leased it out. A lot of work was put into it and it was very stressful at times, but in the end it was a very rewarding experience.

I am here to learn as much as I can about real estate. In the beginning, I want to keep an open mind about all types of real estate (commercial, residential, etc.) and ways to invest in it or make money from it. Over time, I hope to focus in on a particular niche.

From what I have seen so far there are some really talented people and a vast amount of good information here. I am really new at this, but I hope I can learn as much as possible from you all and contribute to the site as well.

Thomas

Loading replies...