Brady Jones
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Newbie in Omaha, Nebraska

Brady Jones
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Jun 27 2014, 20:46

Howdy, guys!

Name's Brady, and I'm a newbie in Omaha, Nebraska (Go Big Red!). I'm currently a page designer for our newspaper, but I'm looking into real estate investment as a supplement to my income (better than just letting the markets handle my 401(k), I figure) and maybe a way to becoming my own boss one day. I'm terrified of waiting 'til I'm 65 to live my life. Why not start now?

I've been reading and researching for several months now, but I can't say I found any solid information I trusted until I stumbled on this site. Right now, I'm looking into wholesaling, rehab/flipping and buy-and-hold options, though my plan is to maintain a diverse portfolio, so I'm always keeping my options open.

Though my primary interest is making some money, I also have dreams and goals along with the process. I'd like to target other Millennials like myself, who have delayed buying their first place (huge, pent-up demand for both renting and buying). And I'm not quite sure how to figure it all into my plan, but I really want to improve and grow the communities I work in and improve the sustainability and environmental impact of properties I take on - both issues that are important to myself and many other Millennials out there. If anyone has any advice in those areas, I'm ALL ears!

Thanks, everyone - looking forward to growing and learning here!

Loading replies...