• Real Estate Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
I'm excited to be here

Azita S.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Posted Jul 6 2014, 21:59

I discovered BP about a year and half ago and have been reading the topics on and off and recently have started listening to the podcast.  Today I decided to create an account and join the network.

I have to say, I'm in love with the podcast and have decided to start taking notes as I listen to it to be able to go back and review my notes later.

I started my real estate investment last year and purchased my first two rental properties in Phoenix AZ.  As I read and listen more about real estate investment on BP, the more I realize that my first two deals were not great investments at all.  I do have positive cash flow, but not as much as some of you guys on BP.

I had to take some time off real estate investment to learn more before I make my third purchase.  What I'm trying to do now is identifying the markets I want to go into as Portland real estate prices are too high for my budget. 

I'd like to find mentors on BP to first learn how to identify a good market with great potentials and then connect with colleagues in the area.

My goal over the next two years is to acquire more properties using my savings, 401K and the equity I have in my primary residence plus some creative borrowing.  I would like to transition to becoming a full time real estate investor and work in my primary field part time and when I have built a good portfolio, retire in my primary field. 

So at this point these are my short term goals

- listen to all podcasts and take notes

- read BP newsletters

- be active on the forum

- identify the right market of markets

- find the right portfolio lender

- start finding deals

Loading replies...