Votes
Wendell Allen
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
Houstonian Here, Totally New to Real Estate Investing

Wendell Allen
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jul 8 2014, 10:44

Hi everyone, Wendell Allen here, from Houston Texas.  I've never invested in real estate other than my own home purchases, but over the years it's kept calling my name.  And of all the times in my life, this is probably the worst because I'm currently unemployed, and even my own home is at risk right now.  Regardless, that doesn't mean that I can't start the learning process now, which I want very much to do.  Of course I've been seeing these "buy with other people's money" thing on both my facebook page and in my e-mail.  I haven't tried any of them so far, but may consider it after I research them a little more.  Of course I'd like to be able to flip a few homes just for the quick money, but I really don't know that doing so is feasible right now.  Eventually I'd like to also build up an inventory of rental property.

I follow an automotive forum and found out about biggerpockets.com on the off-topic section of that site.  Hopefully those of you here can get me pointed in the right direction to learn about all this.  Of course since I don't know anything about real estate investing, I won't be posting much.  But you can bet I'll lurking here to gain experience through others.

One thing I will say, is that if anyone in the Houston area would be willing to kind of mentor me into this, for lack of a better term, I'd very much appreciate the opportunity to tag along during your experiences to see what this is really all about.  After all, at this point I really don't think I'm in a position to try to reinvent the wheel.  So if you're one of those people or know of one, please send them my way!

Thanks!

Wendell

Loading replies...