Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Rick H.#4 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Lender
  • Greater LA/Orange County area, CA
Votes |
Local REIA (Club) Implodes! What happened?

Rick H.#4 Marketing Your Property Contributor
  • Lender
  • Greater LA/Orange County area, CA
Posted Jul 13 2014, 10:02

Several weeks ago I read two separate emails announcing that the "X" real estate club(s) had shut down and that there would be no more meetings. 

These clubs were ran by two individuals who partnered together and ran them in the Orange County, California area near Disneyland. I also understand they ran a similar club in Utah, well north of SLC. 

To many, this may be old news by now. I have intentionally stayed out of the high drama as both co-leader persons were always kind to me and I wish them no ill will. However, there's a cautionary tale here for all real estate investors, new or otherwise. 

You must understand that most people who wish to endeavor in something new, whether real estate or anything else, tend not to take much of any real action. It's human nature. We get distracted, we're tired after our working at our daytime jobs, family, friends and life compete for our attention.

So, someone offering you a "deal" to put your hard-earned savings to work can be a welcome part of your life if they offer you a way to avoid the hard work on your part. This can be very attractive as it's so much easier.

When a trusted person in the public eye takes your money and "invests" it, you are counting on their reputation and belief that, because they are an educator, your money is safe. We are now (again) approaching yet another RE post-boom wave of charlatan shenanigans.

Well, stay tuned on this one, folks. I think you'll see more in this case, both in your local Orange. County, L.A and Utah papers as well as on BP and other online forums.

One way or another, you are going to get an education!

Loading replies...