Votes
James Topicz
  • New Port Richey, FL
Votes |
New Member in New Port Richey, FL

James Topicz
  • New Port Richey, FL
Posted Jul 21 2014, 12:22

Hello from New Port Richey, FL. I've been a long time reader, but finally decided it was time to get an account and begin posting.

My wife and I have been researching and exploring the possibility of investing in some rental property in this area. We currently own our own home (in the area we plan to invest) and have a decent amount saved for our next purchase. Our plan is to start with SFH using a simple Buy and Hold approach. Initially, we will use little, if any leverage, since we both feel that will eliminate a lot of the stress and unknowns of "new territory."

I believe our area would pretty much be described as lower-middle income. Not a slum or "bad" area, but there are still plenty of short-sales and foreclosures. We are minimally handy, but not afraid to learn, and are certainly willing to do "basic" rehab work ourselves right off the bat.

We both work full-time and have no debt, so we have quite a bit of income that can be targeted towards investments!

Anyways, I really enjoy reading these forums and am looking to connect with other investors in the area. 

On a side note, does anyone know an investor friendly Realtor in the area? I understand low priced houses don't yield much commission, but waiting two and three days for basic responses seems a bit excessive!

Loading replies...