• Jonesboro, AR
Votes |
Newbie in Jonesboro Arkansas

Joseph Jones
  • Wholesaler
  • Jonesboro, AR
Posted Jul 23 2014, 09:57

Hello Everyone!

My name is Joseph and I recently relocated to Jonesboro, AR from Diamond Bar, CA almost a year ago. The move was due to a sick family member that died in December 2013. Although such a sad situation resulted in me leaving sunny Southern California, I really like the warm reception I have received from the people of Jonesboro and desire to make this my new home!

My experience in Real Estate only extends as far as the purchase of 3 single family homes during my lifetime. Also for a brief moment, I held a Real Estate license in the state of California during which I only sold 1 home and 1 mortgage loan. I was always spending money in the name of being a Realtor (MLS monthly fees, yard signs, clothes, meals, gas, websites, promotions, etc.) but very little was coming back so I decided not to renew my license.

My profession for the past 20 years has been Information Technology. I have done just about any and everything you can think of with a computer including building them, repairing them, network administration, data center operations, server farm administration, websites and on and on. One fine day it occurred to me that financially I was not gaining any ground to show for all the dedication I have given the companies I have worked for.

I read the book Rich Dad, Poor Dad many years ago and became excited about making a change in my life but it didn't seem to take hold. Now that I'm 53 years old and still really no better of than when I first read the book I decided it was time to read it again. It's funny how you gain more insight into a subject once you read it a few times.

Getting out of the "Rat Race" is now more important to me than ever before. I have made a decision to read and study all that I can on the subject of Wholesaling properties to investors in my area. My intention is to learn what investors look for in a property so that I understand how to position my marketing efforts to create a win-win situation for both of us! Wholesaling appeals to me because of the low risk it offers and its a way for me to learn my local market.

I'm the type of guy that never talks when I can listen! Meaning, that I'm very teachable and open to learning new information. I also like to pass along what I have learned to others in hopes that I could improve their circumstances. I'm really happy that I found this forum and wish everyone the very best in their endeavors! 

Loading replies...