Votes
Michelle Ellis
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
New Member - Austin, TX

Michelle Ellis
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jul 26 2014, 16:35

I'm new as a member of BiggerPockets, but I've been reading these forums for years.  Started learning about investing in 2009, did my first deal (a sub-to) in 2010, and obtained my real estate license in 2011.  About 80% of the transactions I'm involved with are regular listings.  When the situation has called for it, I have also wholesaled properties, or facilitated wraps/owner financing.  Have clients who fix 'n flip and I've taken many notes on what to do (and perhaps more importantly, what *NOT* to do), but have not done a rehab project myself yet.  For the last year, all my marketing has targeted traditional buyers and sellers, but I've just begun marketing for investor deals also.  (I have some builders who are hungry for any tear-downs I can find and wholesale to them in a certain geographical area.)  The competition in Austin for deals is fierce, and I'm ready to join the game.  As I find good deals, I will be looking for partners.  As a side note, I have a husband and 4 young boys.

My leads to listing ratio is 80%, so I'm pretty confident in that area.   I've not had nearly as much experience negotiating cash offers as a wholesaler, so that's why I'm here--to learn all I can.  What I'm expecting to get from this forum is more skill and confidence in talking to motivated sellers over the phone as an investor.

Michelle Ellis

TruBlue Properties

Keller Williams Realty

Loading replies...