• Norwalk, CA
Votes |
Newbie from Los Angeles, CA

Daniel Medina
  • Investor
  • Norwalk, CA
Posted Jul 29 2014, 20:58

Hello,

My name is Daniel Medina and I live in the greater Los Angeles area, specifically Norwalk, CA. I am as fresh a newbie as can be, and quite honestly was a little apprehensive about this introduction since I have zero deals under my belt. I would consider myself to be in the basic learning phase of investing, and I say "basic" because I know one never stops learning.

I am 27 years old, and in 2012 I purchased the home my wife and I currently live in. After graduating college, I received my commission as an officer in the Army and shortly after started my career as a police officer with the Los Angeles Police Department. As mentioned above, my real estate experience is extremely limited.

I came to hear about BiggerPockets through a property owner I met on one of the hundreds of calls for service I get involving "landlord /tenant disputes." He advised me it was a great place to learn. As you can imagine, as a police officer, my initial exposure to real estate investment was seeing the bad, the worst, and the ugly. And even after seeing this, and still seeing it, I believe real estate investing can be the best way to invest. Which brings me here today.

I am fortunate in that the LAPD has a great pension program, but I can't see myself, nor do I want to work past 24 years in this career field. Working long days, weekends, and 2 out of the 3 major holidays is a huge sacrifice my family has and continues to make. My goal is to supplement my pension upon retirement by creating enough cash flow to sustain my family without having to lose quality time with them.

I am eager to learn and look forward to engaging investors here. I would also love to get in touch with a mentor to guide me through these first deals.

-Sorry for the lengthy introduction.

Loading replies...