• Atlanta , GA
Votes |
Newbie, Tyro, Novice...Yet Excited!

Tajh Walker
  • Investor
  • Atlanta , GA
Posted Aug 9 2014, 17:00

Hi All,

I have been a fan of the bigger pockets podcast for some time now.  I have listened to it passively for too long and am taking the steps to get the ball rolling.  I am a recent college graduate in the SD, Ca area looking to begin my real estate journey.  I have enjoyed listening to Josh and Brandon and the information and experience they share as well as all the BP guests.  I am excited to learn from you all and begin to create financial freedom. 

My goal in real estate investing is to ultimately get 100 units with $200 cash flow.  My short term goal is just to get started, make a deal, something!  I have two questions to throw out there.  I want to enter the buy and hold game ASAP, however I need more available liquid cash, or up front funding.  I have been researching whole sale real estate and believe this may be a wise way to begin to acquire the cash that I need to begin the process.  Any thoughts on this process?  

Most of the properties here in Ca are very pricey for a first time buyer. The primary loan recommended to me are FHA given I am a first time buyer. My goal is to have no money down on my first property. Although FHA is 3.5%, in CA, this may still yield a hefty up front credit card balance for a first buy, given my market in Ca. This is why wholesaling looks appealing to begin with in order to acquire some of that initial cash. I've also been eye-balling the Az market as well give it's only 3 hours east. Please share thoughts, guidance, word-of-wisdom...

Loading replies...