Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Matt Lindstrom
  • Waukesha, WI
Votes |
Good evening to everyone from a newbie in the Milwaukee WI area.

Matt Lindstrom
  • Waukesha, WI
Posted Aug 13 2014, 20:05

Hi everyone, I'm Matt Lindstrom from Waukesha WI, which is just west of Milwaukee for those that aren't familiar with the area.  I currently own a small car dealership and I am going to make the leap into realestate investing. 

A little about what I've been doing to educate myself...   I've been lurking on BP for a few months listening to podcasts, reading the forums and blogs, and really learning a ton from the enormous amout of knowledge that is here.  I have read a few real estate books this year, Rich Dad Poor Dad was the first and it really got me thinking about where I want to be in life.  I followed that with Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant, Loopholes of Real Estate by Garrett Sutton, The ABC's of Real Estate Investing by Ken McElroy, The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller, and now I am onto The E-Myth Revisited by Michael Gerber.  

In July I attended a 3day Rich Dad real estate seminar which was definately worth the time and money. It was partially a "pitchfest", trying to get you to spend thousands on their further training (which I did not do). Overall it was an eye-opening experience to what is possible in many areas of real estate investing. Yesterday I joined my local Milwaukee REIA and attented my first meeting, I can see this being a great asset. I am curious if anyone has done the Milwaukee REIA coaching program, if you have I would love to hear your thoughts and experience with it.

Well, I think I have been long-winded enough.  I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to learning and contributing as much as I can here on BP and in the RE investing world.

Loading replies...