Votes
Shree R.
  • Plano, TX
Votes |
Real Estate Investor from Texas

Shree R.
  • Plano, TX
Posted Aug 18 2014, 19:24

I have been reading Bigger Pockets forums for a while now, and thought of introducing myself. I am currently in East Coast and planning to move to Dallas, Texas in next few months. I am planning to buy my first investment property in Texas. I have extensively gone through Real Estate books, eBooks & Forums in BiggerPockets. I will also try to contribute to these forums to the best of my ability.

Meanwhile, I have couple of questions that I need your suggestions with.

• I have made couple of offers on some Short Sales (using 1% rule) and still none of them were accepted. I have gone through the eBooks/PDFs in Bigger Pockets, tried them and none of the ways indicated has actually landed me a deal. I really want to know how other members are able to find deals? What is that I should do? Any practical suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • I am looking to buy a new construction Duplex Home in North Dallas area (such as Frisco, McKinney, Plano etc) where I can live in one unit and rent out the other. But I have hard time finding any new construction Duplex units. I have searched through lot of new homes and most of them are single family. Are companies actually building new Duplex homes at all? (New Duplex is my personal preference)

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Loading replies...