• Real Estate Investor
  • Mississauga, Ontario
Votes |
Frankie Law - Newbie from Mississauga, Ontario

Frankie Law
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Mississauga, Ontario
Posted Aug 19 2014, 14:14

Hello fellow members of BP!  I am very exciting to have found this website, after spending the past 2 weeks pulling my hairs out trying to figure out the pieces to Real Estate Investing.

INTRODUCTION

A little bit about myself, I am totally new to this whole Real Estate investing arena, at best 2 weeks of experience.  I am currently residing in Canada and have always wanted to invest Real Estate in the US, but never actually found an entry point to this market due to limited knowledge and understand of the business. 

When I ask people how to invest in Real Estate, the obvious answers had always been "Get your license", "Do a course in school", or "Work really hard to pay the mortgage". If anyone knows about Canadian Real Estate, working really hard means 10 years of saving up for the down payment.  Prices go anywhere from $350k-700k and at 25% down minimum... You get the picture.

I know education is very important and I try to be very careful with it, because I went to school for Video Game Design and Computer Programming which both got me nowhere further than a job and a mountain of debts which I am proud to say that I have paid off now.  I used to draw 3D graphics for video game companies and while that may sound really cool at first.  I quickly realized that I cannot do it forever.

I am currently working part time as a pizza delivery service in Canada, while investing the rest of my time learning about investment strategies and improving my public speaking skills in Toastmasters.

I had the opportunity to learn about stocks and made some money there.  For the time being, I stopped trading because of family obligation.  So I am looking for a more conservative way to invest, stabilize the situation and go from there.

HOW DID I END UP HERE?

Call me crazy, but I actually invested 15k on a mentorship program.  I cannot say the decision was bad because I only started it two weeks ago, it did got me some degree of foundation and knowledge that would have taken me many years to gather or worst not know at all.

I got the advice to start network with anyone, which ultimately landed me here at BP.

My goal at the moment is to learn how to Wholesale, learn the business, and connect with people in this community in all forms.

I really appreciate that you have read all of that until this point.  I know I wrote a lot.

Once again, thank you for your warm invite and response in advance.  I hope to connect with all of you.  If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, or personally contact me.

Loading replies...