Brett Brown
  • Metamora, IL
Votes |
New Investor

Brett Brown
  • Metamora, IL
Posted Aug 24 2014, 12:22

Hi All,

My name is Brett Brown and I'm from Metamora, IL, just outside of Peoria.  I'm 28 years old, married with no children and very new to real estate.  I've always had an interest in real estate but never thought it was something I could ever accomplish.  After reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad a few months ago and then many books after I've really moved forward.  I'll be closing on my first rental property next Friday which is a 5 bedroom, 2 bath home in nearby West Peoria.  My goal in real estate is be able to live comfortably off of the passive income from my investments, getting away from my day job as a scheduling manager at a mid-size heavy metal fabrication company.  

For the last year my wife and I have become debt free other than our mortgage so the "other peoples money" method is something that I'm still struggling with.  I understand the concept of it and see how useful it can be versus paying cash for all of our properties, especially if I want to scale as an investor.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to getting to know more and more like minded people and gaining a lot of knowledge from the site.

Loading replies...