Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Dave Scott
  • Palo Alto, CA
Votes |
Hi! New to the Bay Area - New to BP - Psyched to be part of this community!

Dave Scott
  • Palo Alto, CA
Posted Aug 27 2014, 11:35

Confession! This will be my first online community!

I have never been a member of any other social media, forum, blog what-have-you.

Part of it is that I just haven't had the time, but to be honest I never found a community I jived with enough to participate in. But I think this place is going to be different. I read the 9 tenants and I agree wholeheartedly! 

Too many of my "real-life" conversations are with people who are lock stock and barrel bought into the industrial corporate model that broke down in the 1980's. Like Seth Godin says, "that social contract of me giving you forty years and you giving me my retirement years is gone." When people give me advice it's hard to listen when every other word is "Roth 401k."

The people I do  find myself listening to most are people like, Jim Rohn, Brian Tracy, Seth Godin, MJ Demarco. They have a wonderful grasp of the unique time in human history that we all find ourselves. The building blocks are all there to create any business or give life to any idea you want. The internet changed the game. All games. Photo sharing and social life sure, but more importantly the game of whats possible in business and enterprise and capitalistic endeavors.

I think this place is a great fit. A place I would like to learn from, share, network and hopefully contribute to in a meaningful way.

Loading replies...